Cortec VpCI 146 Anti Corrosion Wrapping Paper (or VCI Paper) as it is commonly referred to is a cost-effective solution for the protection of metals both ferrous and non-ferrous.
Cortec VPCI 146 is a premium vapor corrosion inhibitor paper from Cortec Corporation.
The patented vapour phase corrosion inhibitor technology used in this construction has in recent years revolutionized the way metals are transported and stored throughout the supply chain.
By using the 146 anti corrosion wrapping paper there is no need to keep various paper sizes for different parts. All that is required is that you wrap items in the VPCI Paper whilst folding the edges together with some adhesive tape or a heat sealing machine.
VPCI molecules essentially ‘vaporize’ and form a very thin, mono layered protective films that does not affect the appearance or require removal before finishing or when used.
Manufactured from 100% recycled paper content VPCI® 146 is fully recyclable and repulpable as standard.
It also contains USDA approved 92% bio based product and is a recognised product under the USDA BioPreferred® initiative.
CorShield® VPCI 146 Anti Corrosion Wrapping Paper Features
- VPCI-146 Anti corrosion wrapping paper contains no phosphates, silicone, chromates or nitrites. Or any other heavy metals.
- Recyclable & repulpable
- Approved as a commercial equivalent to MIL PRF-3420
- Protective layer does not removed before any finishing & coating application
- Tested by the department of health in Zagreb, Croatia for use on food articles
- No effect on the physical properties of the majority of sensitive components. This includes conductivity & resistance
CorShield® VPCI 146 Benefits
- Anti corrosion paper of this kind protects all metals ferrous and non ferrous
- Combines both corrosion protection and packaging into one product and solution
- Effective when using either side of the wrapping paper
- Protects dry and oiled metal parts in the supply chain or when being stored
- Great for overseas shipments
- Effective in aggressive environmental conditions. High humidity, SO2, H2S & galvanic corrosion from other ‘similar’ metals
What metals are protected?
Cortec VPCI 146 anti corrosion wrapping paper is compatible with –
- Stainless Steel
- Carbon Steel
- Galvanised Steel
- Cast Irons
- Aluminium Alloy
- Some brass (≤30% Zn)
Packaging & Storage
For optimal performance store this product in it’s original packaging, indoors and away from direct sunlight at 40-100 °F (4-38 °C).
Shelf life: 2 years