VpCI 649 BD® is the first liquid corrosion inhibiting agent to provide both long term protection for ferrous and nonferrous metals in water, steam or glycol systems.
VpCI-649 BD from Cortec is a new and improved corrosion prevention product that provides an effective alternative to nitrite/ chromate based formulations. VPCI 649B has both contact, volatile agent along with anti scalants in one environmentally safe formula. It does not contain any heavy metals or toxins like phosphorus.
This product also contains sophistacated preservatives to guard against biogrowth. The formuala can be used in higher concentrations without any detrement to your equipment’s sensitive surfaces.
VpCI 649 FEATURES
- Works on a wide range of applications to. Inhibits aggressive corrosion in systems that contain fresh water, glycol & coolants, etc.
- Environmentally safe & free of nitrates
- Low concentration effectiveness provides economical treatment
- Vapour Phase Corrosion Inhibitor action provides protection to areas that contact inhibitors cannot reach
- Contains an acrylic polymer to prevent scale formation
- Easy to applu and water soluble
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metal protection
- Works in low dosage
- Free from amines
- Contains molybdate tracer (for product without molybdate order VpCI-649 BD MF)
- Effective in closed loop cooling systems when used as an inhibitor
- Fire extinguishing appliances
- Hydrostatic testing of valves, tankers, casings & pipelines
- Effective inhibitor in packer fluid projects
- Water botton corrosion preventative when used in oil storage tanks
- Paper & pulp processing equipment
- Earth moving & mining hardware
- Cooling towers when used as an inhibitor for lay up applications
- For operational systems start at 2,500-3000 ppm (0.25-0.3%). Depending on the system additional bio dispersant may be required
- For lay up applications that are seasonal (up tp 6 months) use the VpCI 649 BD formula at a 0.5% concentration of inhibitor by volume. (when using the wet lay-up method)
- Dependant on application hydrotesting concentration varies by 0.5-2% by weight
- When using with systems that already contain Molybdate please use the VpCI 649 BD MF formula which is free from tracer
VpCI 649 BD comes packaged in 5 gallon (19 ltr) or 55 gallon (208 ltr) drums. The product is stored in sealed containers with an 18 month shelf life.