Cortec VpCI 389 is a water based removable coating, perfect for use in harsh enviroments including outdoor and unsheltered areas.
VpCI 389 is both fact drying and provides multi metal protection, it also exhibits impressive UV resistance and can be matched to a variety of bespoke colours if required.
Application of VpCI 389
When preparing a surface ensure it is free from grease, oil, dirt & fingerprints. Also any corrosion inhibitors that are not Cortec® products. Inspect the surface for any additional contaminants that may affect the application and adhesion.
When applying to a bare metal surface use the NACE code #3/SSPC-SP6 specification ensuring you test the system prior to application and adhesion. Alternatively consult a Cortec technical expert.
NB: Please ensure the dew point is more than 5°F/2°C less than the air temperature being used for application. Power agitate to a uniform consistency using a hand held drill mixer or other similar method. You can also apply VpCI® 389 using a spray gun, roller brush or dip method.
Recommended equipment configurations
HVLP Spray Gun
- Tip 0.02″ – 0.11″ (0.5 to 2.8mm) depending upon the pressure & viscosity levels
- Air pressure @ 45 to 55 PSI
- Fluid pressure @ 10 PSI
- Ensure fluid hose is ⅜” (0.95 cm internal dimensions) with a max length of 50ft/15.2mtr You can use a narrower ¼”/0.64 cm fluid hose but the pressure must be adjusted to ensure correct flow. The pot should feature dual regulation and be kept at an even elevation to the spray gun
Airless Spray Gun
- Tip 0.015″ to 0.035″ (0.38 to 0.89mm) depending upon the pressure & viscosity levels
- Pressure @ 1800 to 2500 PSI
- Ensure air hose is ⅜” (0.95 cm internal dimensions) with a max length of 100ft/30.5mtr You can use a narrower ¼”/0.64 cm ID aire hose with a whip end section can be used for easy application.
Tools & application equipment should be cleaned immediately after use with water when the coating is still moist. When removing VpCI 389 use Cortec’s VpCI 414 cleaner degreaser coating.
VpCI 389 is available in either 5 gallon (19 ltr) or 55 gallon (208 ltr) drums. It has a shelf life of 2 years.
Take a look here for more information on Vapour Phase Corrosion Inhibitors.