VpCI® 150 & 170 are patented adhesive foam tape rolls that contain Cortec’s sophisticated VpCI corrosion Inhibitor formula.
These self adhesive foam tape rolls are a superior alternative to traditional/legacy VCI Emitters and anti static tape products. The sophisticated Vapour Phase Corrosion Inhibitors essential evaporate off the tape itself and onto the surface, providing enhanced corrosion protection for your product or enclosure. VpCI protects against all the usual corrosion culprits including H2S, SO2 & NH3.
VpCI 150 & 170 are highly effective when used as an electrical corrosion prevention method. They can be used to line export packing cases, control boxes, cabinets & enclosure that contain sensitive components. As a cost effective solution they are also a low maintenance one in that protecting your assets during operation, shipping & storage could not be easier with 150 & 170. Simply cut the roll to size, release the liner and position the strip in close proximity to the area that requires protection. (see guidance)
Uses & Applications for VpCI® 150 & 170 Adhesive Foam Tape
- Either operational, packaged or stored electronics equipment
- Communications equipment
- Electronics cabinets and enclosures
- Power boxes
- Wireways & Terminal Boxes
- Export case lining
- Measuring equipment
- Remote electrical units
- Conductive leads & connectors
- Long term, continuous protection up to 2 years during operation and shutdown
- Does not interfere with electrical, optical or mechanical surface properties
- Suitable for use with Copper, aluminium and stainless steel
- Quick and easy installation
- Non toxic and safe to handle
- Nitrate, Phosphate and Silicone free
- Easy to use with a compact, space saving design
- Conforms in full to MIL B 81705 C for static dissipative packaging materials
- Conforms to VIA test per MIL B 22110
- NATO #8030-00-244-1299
- NSN #8030-01-208-1769
How to Apply
Both products are very simple and easy to install.
Select a space within an enclosed area where corrosion protection would be needed. Ensure the surface that the foam tape is to be affixed to is clean and debris/contaminant free.
Simple remove the protective peel liner from the tape and position it accordingly.
Both VpCI 150 & VpCI 170 can be attached in any position. If the enclosure is not completely air tight or the access doors/panels are opened frequently then replace the foam tape more frequently than every 2 years. (also following periods of heavy maintenance)