VPCI 322 is an oil based, concentrated corrosion protection solution. Cortec VPCI 322 performs well both indoor and outdoors.
Cortec VPCI technology is used in this formula. They form a thin, robust, mono layer film that attaches to metal surfaces providing outstanding contact corrosion and rust protection.
Vapour Phase Corrosion Inhibitors (VPCI) are used in the 322 formula. This provides protection in addition to the physical barrier of the film itself. The VPCI molecule essentially evaporate into the air above the corrosion inhibitor oil.
These VPCI molecules ‘cling’ to metal surfaces and can provide long term rust protection.
VPCI 322 Key Points
- Provides ‘multi-metal’ rust protection for both ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Barium, Chromates, Phosphate Inhibitor & Nitrate free
- High flash point
- High thermal stability formula. Long term contact corrosion with Vapour Phase technology
- Will pass easily through a 5-micron filter
- Suitable for use with hydraulics
- Compatible with chlorides
- VPCI 322 can be used at a 5-10% level of concentration ratio to hydraulic fluids, does not affect viscosity at lower temperatures or pour point
- Can be used with the majority of synthetic and mineral based oils
- Effective when used in both operating & intermittent conditions.
Various hydraulic oil grades and viscosities are compatible with 322 for intermittent operational requirements. It can be added to oil in a 9 to 1 ratio, 1 x part Cortec VPCI 322 with 9 parts chosen oil.
This provides corrosion protection for up to 2 years.
Fogging cavities or inner spaces with 322 is also possible for equipment in awkward or difficult to reach places. Here consider using the 322 concentrate (1 ltr) per 35 ft³ (1.1m³) of enclosed space.
Use this method for equipment such as tanks, gearboxes, and other differentials. Either during transportation or storage.
Can be removed using an alkaline based solution such as the VPCI 414 cleaner degreaser.
Commonly used as a corrosion inhibitor in the oil and gas industry.
What metals can be protected?
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Galvanised Steel
Packaging & Storage
Typically, VCPI 322 is supplied in 5 gallons (19 litre) bulk pails or 55-gallon (208 litre) bulk drums. You should ensure the product is sealed completely when not in use or being stored. VPCI 322 has a 24-month shelf life.