Cortec VpCI 426® is a heavy duty, water based concentrate designed for corrosion removal resulting from naturally ocurring oxides such as aluminium, steel, iron, copper and magensium.
In addition to scale & corrosion removal VpCI 426 is also effective at brightening aluminium and copper.
Cortec VpCI 426 features
- Removes rust on all metal types
- Sophisticated Vapour Phase Corrosion Inhibitor technoloogy.
- Can be used pre anodizing & painting on aluminium surfaces
- Removes oxides that occur on brass, bronze, zinc & magnesium etc
- Brightens aluminium & copper
- Removes scale from bathtubs & pipes etc
- Works well as a domestic corrosion remover
- National stock number (NSN) 6850-01-477-4155
- Dissolves rust effectiveley as well as oxide & scale deposits
- Reduction in costs for surface prep
- Superior performing product when compared to legacy & competitor alternatives
- Effective in enclosed spaces that cannot be sandblasted or worked with power tools
- Nitrate free and easy to use
- Can be provided in powder form
Applications for VpCI® 426
- When used with steel VpCI 426 can be used in a 1 part formula/ 4 parts water ratio
- For Copper VpCI 426 can be used in a 1:1 ratio with water
- For Aluminium –
Heavy cleaning – apply formula at room temperature or alternativley use 1 part VpCI 426 with 1 part water at an increased temperature (120°F:49°C).
Normal cleaning – use 1 part VpCI 426 with 1 part water
- For alloys and magnesium use 1 part VpCI 426 with 4 parts water at room temperature for approximatley 1 – 2 minutes of cleaning
Applications for VpCI® 426 Powder
Dose 7% by weight in water. Following corrosion removal we recommend you use VpCI 414 cleaner degreaser in a 1:5 product/water mix to rinse away an post work residue and prevent flash rusting on the newly clean surface
A colorless/clear liquid
Non-volatile contents @ 20 to 26%
9.9 to 9.1 lb/gallons of density
White/beige in colour
A 2.5 to 3.5 PH level (1% aqueous)
Non-volatile contents @ 95 to 100%
Packaging & Storage
Cortec VpCI 426 in liquid form is readily available in 5 gallon (19ltr) pails as well as 55 gallon (208ltr) drums.
Cortec VpCI 426 powder can be provided in 5lb (2.3kg) & 50lb (23kg) bags.