Heat sealers are an integral component in a wide range of manufacturing, packaging and medical industries. Here at Valdamark, we provide a diverse range of heat sealing machines from some of the leading manufacturers in the world.
What Is A Heat Sealer?
A heat sealer is a machine that uses heat to seal two pieces of material together. The most common type of heat sealer uses an electric heating element to generate the necessary heat, but there are also models that use gas or ultrasonic energy.
Heat sealers come in a variety of sizes and shapes, and can be used to seal bags, pouches, or other types of packaging.
How Do I Use A Heat Sealer?
To use a heat sealer, the operator simply positions the two pieces of material to be sealed together and then activates the sealing process.
The heating element will then heat up and melt a thin layer of plastic on both sides of the seam, creating a strong bond between the two materials.
Once the plastic has cooled and hardened, the seal is complete and the two pieces of material are now permanently bonded together.
What Are The Benefits of Heat Sealers?
There are many benefits to using heat sealers, including:
- They are easy to operate and take only a few seconds. Simply press the sealing bag ends under the sealing bar for a few seconds. Because the sealing bar heats up almost immediately, there is no need for a warm-up period.
- An advantage of impulse sealers is that they are highly energy efficient. They only use electricity while sealing, so if the system is left idle, they consume little to no energy.
- Since modern day sealers do not require their components to be blazing hot all the time, the risk for accidental burns and injuries is minimized.
- The sealing frames are made of aluminum, which aids in the cooling process for packaging materials. Traditional sealers utilised to cause fusion and cooling while the packing film was shrinking, resulting in uneven seals. Modern day sealers, on the other hand, provide a tidy, dependable, accurate, and clean seal.
- In the case of liquids, it’s critical that the sealing is perfect or else the liquid will leak out. Today’s heat sealers work hard to ensure that whatever is sealed remains inside the container in an airtight condition at all costs. This minimizes spills and makes packing shipments more simple.
- Packages that have been successfully sealed are safe, uncontaminated, and filled with no more than the amount stated on the package.
Where Are Heat Sealers Commonly Used?
Heat sealers are commonly used in the food packaging industry, as they provide a tamper-proof and airtight seal that keeps food fresh and safe to eat. They are also frequently used in the medical field for sealing sterile packaging, as well as in industries like electronics and automotive where moisture and dust protection is important.
Here at Valdamark, we specialise in providing commercial, industrial and medical heat sealers to meet strict cleanroom standards. If you’re looking for powerful heat sealing machines to streamline your manufacturing or packaging processes, choose Valdamark’s diverse range of Hawo heat sealers today.
What’s the Difference Between an Impulse & Continuous Heat Sealer?
The main difference between an impulse and continuous heat sealer is the amount of time that the heating element is activated. An impulse sealer will only heat up when the sealing bar is pressed down, whereas a continuous sealer will remain heated at all times.
Impulse sealers are more energy-efficient as they only use electricity when they are actually sealing a bag, whereas continuous sealers will use electricity even when they are not in use. However, continuous sealers have the advantage of being faster, as there is no need to wait for the heating element to reach the correct temperature before each seal is made.
Here at Valdamark, we offer both impulse and continuous heat sealers from leading manufacturer Hawo. If you’re not sure which type of sealer is right for your needs, our team can advise you on the best model for your particular application.
How to Choose the Right Heat Sealer For Your Needs
When choosing a heat sealer, there are a few things you need to take into consideration, including:
- The type of product you will be sealing – different materials require different amounts of heat and pressure to seal effectively
- The size of the product – sealers come in a range of sizes to accommodate different product dimensions
- The speed at which you need to seal – some sealers are faster than others, so if speed is a priority then you’ll need to choose a model accordingly
- The level of automation you require – some machines are fully automatic, while others are semi-automatic or manual
- Your budget – heat sealers range in price depending on their features and specifications
For Reliable Commercial, Industrial or Medical Heat Sealers, Call Valdamark Today
At Valdamark, we have a wide range of heat sealers to suit all budgets and requirements. Whether you need a basic manual model for infrequent sealing tasks or a high-end fully automatic machine for industrial use, we can help you find the perfect solution.
If you’re not sure which heat sealer is right for your needs, our team can advise you on the best model for your particular application. We also offer a free trial so that you can test out the sealer before committing to purchase.
To find out more about our heat sealers, or to talk through your needs with one of our experienced team, don’t hesitate to get in touch today.